Monday, July 23, 2012

Idaho


A few weeks ago I spent 2 weeks in Idaho. A week and a half with my parents in Shelley, and about 5 days at our new home in Driggs Idaho. Peter was on a scout camp, so I loaded the kids up and we headed a shelley a week earlier. I love being "on my own" with my kids and my husband, but there is something nostalgic about going home and letting your mom and dad take care of you. When I leave my house, I'm much more relaxed, I don't let things bother me as much, and I'm just more willing to let the little things go. This of course is certainly the case when I go to my parents house. I always have so much fun, and I'm never in the mood to leave. My mom caters to me, makes me things, takes me shopping, helps out with the kids, and isn't afraid of changing a few diapers. Now, not to leave my dad out of this....he is a wonderful grandpa. He is still afraid to change diapers, but he makes up for that in other ways. haha My dad is so good with Elsje, and she will eat anything he gives her. She follows him around and loves to climb on him and read stories with him. He also loves to give her popsicles when I'm not looking. I adore my parents. 

One the other hand, I also adore peters parents. They gave up 5 days of their life to help us get moved into the the new Driggs home. I can't believe how much they helped us, and how generous they were with their time and money. I had a great time in Driggs, and we even took a day out to go to Jackson, do some fishing, and stop and smell the flowers. 

Here are a few pictures of my recent trip to Idaho: enjoy!





"bopppa" nelson


Elsjes new smile


"boppa" nelson reading stories


hanging out with little brother


swimming!!


dad nelson and Ezra taking a little cat nap


Our propane tank being put in, at the Driggs house



"boppa" Boogaard fishing with Elsje


"boppa" (don't ask me, she thinks grandpa and grandma are the same word) Boogaard


What a nice way to end a great trip......




No comments:

Post a Comment