Friday, August 24, 2012

Foodie...thats me!

Its been about a month since I last posted, so I figured what better way to start out again than with a post of two of my new favorite recipes.

First, My friend Emily and I used to take 2 trips a month to Costco, and on the way out, we'd grab a caesar salad. The dressing they use is DIVINE....but I'm sure its full of preservatives and yuck. SO....I started researching and trying different dressing recipes. All but one of them had smashed up fish in them...so of course I HAD to try the one without. It turned out AWESOME, and its the only caesar dressing you can find in our home anymore these days. Its makes probably 2 cups worth, but I store mine in the fridge for a couple of weeks and never had a problem. Its even better after you let it sit and get cold in the fridge.

Caesar Dressing (minus the fish)
(Thanks Blendtec for the recipe!!)
1 C Olive Oil
1/4 C Water
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper (ground)
1 egg yolk
2 cloves garlic
1/4 C grated Parmesan Cheese

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth.

I serve on Romaine with slices of fresh Parmesan.



NEXT......

The other day, cooked shrimp was on sale....and when shrimp is on sale, I'm like a Grace (from the comedy Will and Grace) at the yearly Barneys sale.....enough said. 

So I purchased a half pound...only cause thats all the extra cash I had. I intended to make a side dish with the shrimp for my hubby, but last night he called and wanted to go to the NPS store and we ended up grabbing a bite on the way home. His loss WAS my gain. I knew I needed to use these up, cause I hate having "leftover shrimp" thats been in the fridge very long. It freaks me out. haha

I found this recipe on WWW.EATINGWELL.COM and in my book is a HIT!

Since I only had half a pound I scaled down my recipe. Here is the one from the website:

Lemon-Garlic Marinated Shrimp

1 1/4 lbs cooked shrimp (tail on)
3 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup minced parsley (if not using fresh use at least half that...)
1/2 teas salt
1/2 pepper

Saute garlic and olive oil for 1-2 min. Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. (now, I don't like cold shrimp, so I added my shrimp right now as well...I thought it was awesome.) Saute for a few min, then serve. 






I hope you enjoy these, let me know what you think!!




No comments:

Post a Comment