Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mozzarella Balsamic Sandwich

The other day I was hungry and had about .23658 seconds to make and eat it. I opened the fridge and looked at what I had. I had bread, fresh mozz cheese, some cherry tomatoes a neighbor had JUST brought to me (thanks Jenny!), and an avocado that was turning. Here is what I came up with:

Mozzarella Balsamic Sandwich:
2 slices bread (I use honey whole wheat)
Balsamic Vinegar
tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (I used cherry and cut them in half, the sandwich was less juicy that way)
Avocado (this is optional, I could have eaten it without the avocado)
Fresh mozz slices

sprinkle balsamic vinegar on the bread, I liked a lot, but it will make your sandwich soggy if you put too much on. then line the sandwich with tomatoes and cheese and avocado if you'd like to add that. Grill sandwich with no butter in a pan or on a grill. I put a couple pots on top of my sandwich so that it would smash everything together...a built in panini grill. haha then cut and enjoy. It was easy, cheap, and delicious!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment