Friday, September 28, 2012

Sugar Free Watermelon Smoothie

So, there aren't any really great watermelon smoothies out there...at least none that I've tried. So when I came across one on a new blog I've found (GRACIOUSPANTRY), I was leery. Her version was different than what I tried, but man, it was a home run...even with my husband. He had just come home from a 20 mile mountain bike ride and he was all "this is refreshing!" Now, before going any further, This came out more of a juice than a smoothie. With the water in the watermelon and the apple juice, don't be disappointed when its thin.

On the graciouspantry blog, she called it her Triple Berry Watermelon Smoothie....but I won't be using her recipe, I'll give you the one I based off her suggestions.

FRUITMANIA

1 Cup mashed peaches
1 Cup frozen bluberries (I used frozen and it gave just enough "coldness" to the drink, I didn't need ice. If you use fresh, you may want to add a bit of ice)
1 Cup watermelon
2 Cups apple juice (sugar free)

Put everything in a blender and blend.

(Come on, this looks awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment