Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My life

Today during breakfast some water was spilled on the floor...which isn't a rare occurrence in this house by any means...but today it made me look back and reflect a little bit. (more about this in a min...indulge me in some background here)

When I first was married to Peter, I tried to be the perfect wife. I had dinners on the table when we got home from work, the house was super clean always, I always tried to look super cute for Peter etc. Then the kids come along. I tried again to do all the things I thought a good mom should do....along with all the things I thought a good wife should do, but when my daughter was around 6 months old, I realized something: I realized that I was missing out on the most important things in life, and that a super clean house, and clean floors, or laundry ALWAYS put away wasn't what would matter later on in life.

Back to my initial story: Elsje got done eating and I was trying to get the breakfast dishes put away and I noticed on my way back to the table, there were a ton of little footprints all over my tile floor. Instead of grabbing my rag and cleaning it up, I took some pictures of the mess my girl was making. I realized that I wouldn't always have these little footprints to clean up...let alone enjoy. My little girl is almost 20 months, and my boy is 8.5 months. I'm sure glad I've tried to let my hair down and enjoy these kids. I'm refusing to apologize for the way my house looks, or if my hair isn't done, or if I don't have any makeup on, or if my kids have a little food left on their face (to myself or anyone else) because I know where all my hard work and effort have gone, and that makes me happy.












2 comments:

  1. Yay for good mommies! (Sorry I made some sweaty footprints on your floor yesterday!) Enjoy those babies! They grow up way to fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Allie, who hasn't made footprints on my floor? My floor is so gross, but I'm NOT apologizing for it! haha! I hope you are enjoying your few hours of "me" time each week!

      Delete